Thursday, June 14, 2012

Baby Boy the movie


Jody is 20 years old African American living in Los Angeles is "broke" and has relationship issues.  http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/baby-boy.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255819/
When watching this movie last night, it brought memories to when it first came out. Baby Boy has pro and cons from viewers of the movie. Some may think the movie is ignorant and portrays the black community in negative way; therefore influencing people mindsets that every black male undergoes these problems living in a black community. Some viewers argued that the movie was pointless and it had no substance. I thought the movie was entertaining, however I always keep in mind the media could be trying to place a negative image like a stereotype on African Americans. I guess thinking it is ok, means that my mind has allow the stereotype to be acceptable? Perhaps, but entertainment like this can only affect me based off my position or stance on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment